You can have the most updated and efficient air conditioner on the market but if it is paired up with an ancient slider thermostat, your home comfort will never be where you need it to be. If you are in a home that has an old outdated thermostat, you may need to consider an upgrade. The same applies to when you have a thermostat that simply isn’t working well.
It is important to have a good thermostat to keep your home cool and comfortable when it really matters without causing a spike in your energy bills. Here is how you know it is time to upgrade your thermostat.
How Do You Know That You Need a New Thermostat
If you are in a home that had a thermostat when you moved in, there is a chance you aren’t sure how old your thermostat is. If there is an issue with your home comfort that doesn’t seem to originate from your air conditioner, there is a chance that it is because of that thermostat. Here is how you know that you need to upgrade:
- Your HVAC system doesn’t turn on when you need it to
- The thermostat isn’t registering the temperature correctly
- There are temperature fluctuations throughout the day
- Your thermostat is getting close to 10 years old or more
- You still have a slider thermostat
If you notice any of these issues, it may be time for an upgraded thermostat. Just make sure you get one that will benefit you the most.
What You Should Know About Smart/Wi-fi Thermostats
When you realize that it is time to switch out your old faulty thermostat for a newer more effective one is a great choice. One of the best options out there for your next thermostat is going to be a smart or Wifi thermostat.
These new thermostats offer perks that the older slider or dial thermostats just can’t match. These thermostats will help to improve your AC system’s efficiency and effectiveness. Here are the reasons why:
- They detect temperature more accurately. Smart thermostats are some of the most up-to-date systemss out there. That means, with their modern capabilites, they can detect temperature more accuratley and adjust your home environment more effectively.
- They learn the patterns of your home comfort. Smart thermostats pick up on the patterns of your home comfort over time. This allows it to adjust appropriately throughout the day to your cooling needs without wasting energy.
- They can be remotely controlled. Smart and Wifi thermostats are able to be controlled remotely. This means you can adjust the temperature of your home from your phone on your way home from work.
- It can track your energy usage to help you save. Smart thermostats also have the ability to track how much energy you use and when. This can help you to reduce your energy use and detect when your system is losing its efficiency.