Florida is known for a lot of different things but one thing we can all agree on that is quite prominent is the humidity. How many days have you had in the past year when you’ve felt that walking outside your home felt more like swimming than anything else? Probably quite a few.
Now, our homes need to be able to provide us with a safe haven from the heat and humidity. With that said, your air conditioner isn’t going to be able to tackle every aspect of your indoor comfort. What we mean is that, while your AC does take some of the moisture out of the air, it just isn’t always enough. And when that is the case, it means you may want to consider a dehumidifier.
What is a Dehumidifier?
A dehumidifier is a system that is installed in your home to do exactly what it sounds like: dehumidify! By removing the moisture from the air inside your home, a dehumidification system can help your comfort and your overall indoor air quality too.
The Perks of a Dehumidifier
We touched on the perks of a dehumidifier a bit above but we want to make sure that you really know how great these systems are. Here are some of the best perks you’ll enjoy when you install a dehumidifier in your home:
- Reduces and controls moisture levels: When you have a high level of moisture in your home it makes it hard to get comfortable. With a dehumidifier, you can enjoy a more comfortable level of moisture in the house.
- Less risk of mold: A higher moisture level in your home is going to create the perfect environment for the growth of mold. Thankfully a dehumidifier has the ability to negate this problem.
- Makes it easier to cool off: Moisture holds heat which means that a high humidity level is going to make your AC’s just a lot harder. When a dehumidifier is used, the lower moisture level will mean that your system doesn’t have to struggle to accomplish its goal of cooling things off.
Signs a Dehumidifier Might Be Needed
So, lower humidity is of course a benefit when you live in Florida. However, not every house may need a dehumidifier to stay comfortable. How can you tell that adding one to your home might be a good choice? Watch for these indicators:
- Visible moisture on doors, windows, or walls
- Problems with controlling the temperature in the home
- Sight or smell of mold growth
- Water staining on ceilings and walls
- Warping on wood furniture or floors
Interested in installing a dehumidifier for your home comfort? We are happy to help. When you need to boost your home indoor air quality, turn to a professional HVAC company in Gulf Breeze that you can trust. Commander Air Inc. has been serving Pensacola and the surrounding areas since 1965–we are known for being an honest and dependable resource for your HVAC services.
Contact Commander Air Inc. today: Your hometown heating and cooling specialist for three generations.