Using cold water isn’t always a bad thing. It is often said that cooler or lukewarm showers are beneficial to the health of your skin and hair. However, for sanitary purposes, there are plenty of times when the use of warmer water is preferred (think scrubbing down those dishes you just retrieved from your kid’s room). If your water heater is on the fritz though, this may be harder to do.
A faulty water heater is never a good thing. After all, the longer a water heater with a problem is left unaddressed the more likely you are to be left without any hot water at all. That’s why you should contact us for tankless water heater repair in Pensacola as soon as you notice these warning signs:
5 Warning Signs Your Tankless Water Heater Is In Trouble
These are some of the warning signs to watch out for that will indicate there is trouble on the horizon with your tankless water heater.
- You can’t get a steady stream of hot water. A tankless water heater should be able to provide you with a reliable amount of hot water on a regular basis, as long as it isn’t being overtaxed. If you are only getting to enjoy hot water for a brief few minutes each time you turn on the tap, that means your system is having issues.
- The water pressure is lower than usual. Leaks aren’t the only thing that can mess with your water pressure–water heater trouble can too. Whether it is a build-up of sediment in your lines or even a leak in one or more of the connections with the heater, the sooner you find the source of the issue and fix it, the better.
- Your energy bills are on the rise. Tankless water heaters are great for helping you save money on your monthly energy bills–atleast until something goes wrong with them. A water heater accounts for the lion’s share of your monthly energy use so if you notice that your bills are reflecting some unusual spikes, don’t ignore it!
- The hot water quality is poor. Another way to tell that there is something wrong with your tankless water heater is to check the quality of the water coming from your hot water tap. Turn on the hot water for one sink and see if it comes out cloudy, rusty, or smells bad. If some, there is trouble in your tankless heater.
- The system creates strange noises. Last but not least, make sure you are listening to your water heater every once in a while. This can help you detect odd noises like cracking or banging coming from your system that indicates it is in need of repairs.
Our hope is always that you catch a problem with your tankless water heater before it is too late. No one wants to have to replace their system too early. The best thing you can do when your tankless heater acts up is to schedule a repair with a professional.
Contact Commander Air Inc. to schedule your next service. Your hometown heating and cooling specialist for three generations.